Summer rice salad
Asian flavours combine boldly with pecans and cranberries.
• 1 cup quick-cooking white, brown and wild rice blend
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
• 1/4 cup dried cranberries
• 1/4 cup whole pitted and chopped dates (about 8 dates)
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
• 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the rice and return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Spread out the rice on a baking sheet and let cool 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, honey and sesame oil in a large bowl. Stir in the rice, cranberries, dates, parsley, spring onions and pecans and toss well to coat.
Add some left over chicken to make this a main meal