Brown rice with Peach terrine
• 250 g Safari Sundried Peaches
• 100 ml sugar
• 2 cloves
• 2 ml cinnamon
• 5 ml salt
• 5 ml curry powder
• 250 ml water
• 10 - 15 ml white vinegar
• 750 ml cream cheese
• zest of 1 lemon
• 250 ml cooked bacon - chopped
• 250 ml cooked bown rice
• 250 ml roughly chopped cucumber - drained
• 125 ml finely chopped parsley
• fresh micro herbs
- Place peaches, water, sugar and spices in s mall pot and bring to the boil.
- Cook until the peaches are soft and double in size.
- Remove the cloves and process the peaches in your food processor to to a chunky chutney. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Allow the chutney to cool.
- Line a small bread tin with cling film.
- Place chopped parsley in bottom of the pan, make sure it makes an even layer, because this will be the top of your terrine.
- Soften the cream cheese a little with a spoon or spatula and add the lemon zest.
- Spoon a third of the cream cheese mix over the parsley.
- Spoon a thin layer of the chilled peach chutney over the cream cheese.
- Mix the rice and bacon and spoon onto the chutney and make an even layer.
- Top the rice mixture with another third of the cream cheese.
- Top the cream cheese with the chopped cucumber.
- Finish of the layers with the last third of the cream cheese. Fold the cling wrap over to close the terrine.
Chill the summer terrine for at least 1 hour. Overnight is better
Serve this delicious summer terrine with a crusty seed loaf and a simple green salad.