Nut and Camembert stack
2 rounds (125 g each) Camembert cheese
4 preserved green figs, sliced
pecan nuts, chopped
150 to 200 ml Rooibos Syrup
2 litres (8 x 250 ml) water
5 Rooibos tea bags
50 ml honey
280 g (350 ml) white sugar
20 ml lemon juice
10 ml vanilla essence
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the vanilla essence, in a large saucepan. Stir over low heat until all the sugar has dissolved. Boil over moderate heat for 45 to 50 minutes until reduced and syrupy.
2. Remove the tea bags. Add the vanilla essence.
3. Allow the syrup to cool before using.
Makes about 300 to 350 ml
1. Cut the two Camembert rounds in half across the middle, creating four rounds.
2. Divide the figs, cranberries and pecan nuts in 4 and scoop it onto the cheese rounds. Drizzle the Rooibos syrup between each cheese layer. Stack the rounds on top of one another.
3. Decorate the top with extra fruit and nuts.
4. Pour the left-over Rooibos syrup over the Camembert stack and serve with savoury biscuits.