Sanet's Chocolate Brownies
These chocolate brownies were impossible to resist in the “Big Moments” episode of Koekedoor 2.
250 g butter, melted
200 g brown sugar
80 g whole nut chocolate, melted
160 g dark chocolate, melted
5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
25 g cake flour
Pinch of salt
60 ml (25 g ) cacao powder
125 g crushed Safari cashew and macadamia nuts
For the topping
80 g chocolate, melted
Chopped mixed nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease a square 25 cm cake tin. Line with baking paper.
2. Mix the butter, sugar, eggs, chocolates and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix cacao, cake flour, salt and nuts.
4. Mix the butter and flour mixes together.
5. Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 15 minutes. Lower the heat to 140ºC and bake another 10 minutes.
6. Cut into squares and top with melted chocolate and nuts.