Quick Cassata Ice Cream
This is an easy, delicious ice cream that can be served in slices or scoops.
140 g (½ cup) Safari fruit mincemeat
30 ml (2 Tbsp) sherry, rum or Amaretto liqueur
2 litres ice cream
100 g Safari pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
100 g Moir’s glacé red cherries, coarsely chopped
15 ml (1 Tbsp) finely grated lemon rind
1. Line a large loaf pan of about 23 cm with plastic wrap. Combine fruit mincemeat and sherry and leave to soak for a few minutes.
2. Soften ice cream, just enough for the ingredients to be mixed in; do not melt. Mix through the fruit mincemeat with brandy, nuts, cherries and lemon rind. Spoon mixture into lined pan.
3. Freeze until solid. Unmould cassata and remove plastic wrap. Slice and serve immediately.
Serves 4 - 6
- Freeze in individual moulds, this will not melt as quickly as when serving and slicing the loaf.
- Once melted, the cassata does not re-freeze well again.