Coronation Chicken Salad
Serves 4 - 6
- 65 ml SAFARI Cashew Nuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 65 ml SAFARI Dried Apricots, finely chopped
- 4 lightly poached chicken breast fillets, cooled
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 125 ml cream
- 30 ml chutney
- 15 ml mild curry powder
- 2 spring onions with green tops, sliced thinly
- 30 ml fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 handfuls of watercress (or any lettuce that you fancy)
- 250 ml ripe mango, peeled, stoned and sliced (reserve a few slices for garnish) (optional)
- Break the chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, cream, chutney and curry powder.
- Stir in the spring onions, coriander or parsley and add the chicken.
- Mix lightly and if necessary, season to taste.
- The mixture should be quite saucy, but as chicken breast can differ in size and moisture, you may have a tad too little dressing.
- So if you like, add more mayonnaise or cream or both, whichever you fancy.
- Now line a salad platter (or individual plates) with the watercress or lettuce.
- Pile the chicken with the dressing on top and then, if you're using mango pieces, tuck them in all over the salad.
- Combine the cashew nuts and apricots and sprinkle over the salad for a crowning glory.
- Serve at once with crusty white bread and butter.
You may also like these delicious recipes