Deboned Chicken with Dates and Goats Cheese
- 150 g SAFARI Pitted Dates - cut into long 5 mm thick strips
- 1 Deboned Chicken - Ask your butcher to do it for you
- salt and pepper
- 10 ml dry coriander
- 100 g Fairview Chevin or any other goats cheese
- 30 ml olive oil
- a few sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Spread the deboned chicken open on a work surface.
- Place the strips of dates all down the middle as well as the goats cheese.
- Fold the one half of the chicken over the stuffing and roll up to form a neat roll.
- Secure with metal skewers or bamboo sticks or tie up with string to keep the filling inside.
- Rub the chicken roll with olive oil, season with salt, pepper and coriander.
- Place the thyme on the chicken and place the chicken on a roasting rack over a roasting tray.
- Roast open for about 45 - 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and golden brown.
- Serve on creamy risotto.
Alternative This recipe can be done with chicken breasts. I prefer to use the chicken breasts with skin on, otherwise it can be very dry.
- Cut the breasts in the lenght, but not right through.
- Butterfly the meat and lay the filling down the middle.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Cooking time is about 30 minutes.
You may also like these delicious recipes