Golden Raisin Pecan Bread
Serves 1 Loaf
- 1 cup SAFARI Pecan Nuts, chopped
- 1 cup SAFARI Raisins
- 1 cup SASKO White Bread Flour
- 1 cup SASKO Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 teaspoons MOIR'S Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 350ml buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- sprigs of fresh rosemary
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 160° C.
- Sift whole wheat flour, white bread flour, baking powder and salt together into a bowl. Add the pecan nuts and raisins.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add buttermilk and honey. Combine using a knife until a dough begins to form (add a little water if the mixture is too dry).
- Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth – about 7 minutes. Shape dough into an oval loaf and place on a floured baking tray. Top with rosemary and a sprinkle of coarse salt.
- Bake loaf for about an hour, or until it sounds hollow when tapped.
You may also like these delicious recipes