Homemade Raisin Bread
Serves 1 Loaf
- 250 ml SAFARI Seedless Raisins
- 62.5 ml SASKO Cake Flour
- 5 ml sugar
- 500 ml lukewarm water
- 80 ml butter
- 75 ml sugar
- 130 g condensed milk
- 10 ml salt
- 15 g fresh compressed yeast or 15 ml dry granulated yeast
- Pre-heat warming drawer for 5 minutes. Mix the first four ingredients together.
- Turn off warming drawer and place dish with yeast mixture in it for approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix 500 ml lukewarm water, 75 g butter, 75 ml sugar and 130 g condensed milk. Wash raisins and dry. If raisins are fresh and loose there is no need to wash it.
- When yeast has risen well, mix all ingredients together. Knead thoroughly for about 10 minutes with food processor or 15 minutes with hands. Form dough into a roll. Heat warming drawer again for 5 minutes. Grease a 37 x 13 cm bread pan and place dough in it.
- Turn off warming drawer and leave dough to rise to about double its size. Bake for 15 minutes at 200° C and turn back to 180° C and bake for a further 40 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cake rack and cover with a linen cloth for 30 minutes to sweat.
You may also like these delicious recipes