Oven Baked Beef Sirloin with Prunes & Marmite-onion sauce
- 250g SAFARI Pitted Prunes
- 6 Medium onions thinly sliced
- 8 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 Bay leaves
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 750 ml dry red wine
- 2 kg beef sirloin with fat on top
- 10 ml marmite
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30 ml whole grain mustard
- 1L double thick Greek yoghurt
- Cut the onion rings into thin slices. Arrange the onions, crushed garlic, rosemary and bay leaves in a roasting pan and add the prunes. Pour over the red wine.
- Spread the marmite over the sirloin and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the sirloin on top of the onions and herbs and cover with tin foil.
- Oven bake the meat at 100 degrees for 7-8 hours. Take the meat out of the roasting pan and cover it with a new piece of tin foil and let it rest.
- In the meantime heat up the pan juices and add the mustard. Mix in the yoghurt and let it simmer, but do not let it boil or the yoghurt will split.
- Cut the sirloin and serve with the prune and onion sauce
You may also like these delicious recipes