Smoked Pork Fillet with Chutney & Cheese
- 125 ml SAFARI Seedless Raisins
- 125 ml SAFARI Golden Sultanas
- 10 SAFARI Pears
- 10 SAFARI Large Pitted Prunes
- 125 ml sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 30 ml white wine vinegar
- 250 ml water
- 800 g - 1 kg smoked pork fillets
- 200 g Camembert cheese
- coarsely-milled black pepper
- fresh bay or lemon leaves
- lemon wedges
- First prepare a chutney by placing in a saucepan the raisins, sultanas, pears, prunes, sugar, cinnamon, star anise, vinegar and water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until the fruit is soft but not mushy. Remove from heat and set aside until required.
- Use a sharp knife and cut a deep incision down the centre of the fillets taking care not to cut right through. Stuff the fillets with the chutney and strips of cheese. Season to taste with black pepper then secure with string. Slip the bay or lemon leaves under the string. Cook on medium heat in your outdoor grill covered with a lid for 25- 30 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Slice and serve with lemon wedges and a green salad.
Chefs Hint: you can cook the fillets in a normal oven - covered - at 190 ºC until done to your liking, about 25 - 30 minutes. If you want to retain moisture, place some Safari Arpicots and Large Pitted Prunes under the string to cover the meat before cooking it. As you know: more fruit, more flavour!