Apple & Dried Fruit Muffins
- 150 g mixture of SAFARI seedless raisins and /or Sultanas and /or currents
- 300 g (625 ml) SASKO cake flour
- 15 ml MOIR'S baking powder
- 10 ml ground cinnamon
- 150 g (187 ml) brown sugar, soft
- 3 green apples peeled and roughly grated
- 5 ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 185 ml milk
- 125 g melted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 10 g (15 ml) soft brown sugar
- 5 ml ground cinnamon
Chefs Hint - Use 150g SAFARI cake mix instead of the Seedless Raisins, Sultanas and Currents. To ensure the muffin has the perfect texture and shape, mix 14 times!
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line the pans with paper muffin cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a large bowl .
- Stir in the sugar, apples, SAFARI raisins mixture or Cake Mix and fresh ginger until well combined
- Place the milk, melted butter and eggs in a small bowl and lightly whisk until combined .
- Gently fold the milk mixture into the flour mixture , being careful not to over- blend ( see Chef's hints ).
- Stop as soon as the mixture is just combined.
- Spoon into the muffin pans or cases. Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the mixture
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through .
- Serve warm at room temperature
You may also like these delicious recipes