For the Marinade
- 80 ml cooking oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 45 ml curry powder, mild or hot to taste
- 5 ml turmeric
- 5 ml ground ginger
- 5 ml ground dried coriander
- 2.5 ml ground cloves
- 100 ml sugar
- 100 ml vinegar
- 80 ml smooth apricot jam or 50 ml golden syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Sosaties
- 16 SAFARI Dried Apricots
- 8 lamb loin chops
- 8 sosatie sticks or metal skewers
- 2 large onion, peeled and quartered
For the marinade Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions and garlic until soft. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Season the chops with salt and pepper. Pour the cooled marinade into an airtight container large enough to hold all the chops and place the chops in the marinade. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- For the Sosaties Skewer one chop onto each sosatie stick, with a piece of onion and a dried apricot on either side. Braai over the coals until cooked to your liking. Drizzle each sosatie with marinade while braaiing.
Serve with a banana and yoghurt salad.