- 500 ml SASKO Cake Flour
- 5 ml MOIR'S Baking Powder
- 5 ml MOIR'S Bicarbonate of Soda
- 500 ml sugar
- 750 ml finely grated carrot
- 5 ml ground cinnamon
- 250 ml oil
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 5 ml MOIR'S orange essence
- 250 ml icing sugar
- 125 g butter
- grated rind of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 180º C.
- Line cupcake pans with paper cases.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly while mixing. Mix at high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl every minute.
- Pour batter into cupcake cases until they are half way to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool and decorate with orange butter icing and orange rind.
- Mix all the ingredients for the icing together and beat until light and fluffy. Add a little water if the icing is too stiff.
You may also like these delicious recipes