- 1/2 cup SAFARI Seedless Raisins
- 2 tbsp WELLINGTONS hot chutney (optional)
- 1 cup Peppadews + 1/2 cup of the juice from the jar
- Sea salt and white pepper
- 2 large red peppers, roasted whole, peeled and seeded
- 8 chicken breasts, deboned, with skin on
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup SAFARI Currants
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup Peppadews, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- For the chicken marinade, plump up the raisins by placing them in a bowl and adding 1/2 cup warm water. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Then put the raisins, the Peppadews, their juice and the peeled roasted peppers and salt in a food processor and purée until smooth. If you are partial to more heat, you could add hot chutney to the purée.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and white pepper and pour the peppadew purée over the chicken breasts, turning briefly to coat, and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- To make the relish, add all the jewelled bits together with the olive oil, sherry vinegar and salt in a small bowl.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Lay out the peppadewed chicken breasts in a roasting tray and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C. Remove from the oven and switch the oven to grill. Grill for a further 6 –10 minutes to let the breasts colour beautifully.
- Serve the breasts lavished with relish jewels on top. This recipe also works very well with Chicken Skewers – like jewelled sosaties!
You may also like these delicious recipes