- 250 ml SAFARI Seedless Raisins
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 3 leeks, thickly sliced diagonally
- 2 - 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 15 ml ground coriander seeds
- 30 ml curry powder
- 2 green peppers, cut into 2-cm cubes
- 250 g each of thick carrot baby carrot slices, sliced green beans, small cauliflower florets and diced pumpkin
- 500 g potato, peeled and diced into 2-cm cubes
- 2 x 410 g cans chopped tomatoes
- 65 ml tomato paste
- 180 ml prepared vegetable stock
- 65 ml brown sugar
- 10 - 15 ml crushed garlic
- garlic & herb seasoning salt
- freshly-milled black or white pepper
- 125 ml coarsely chopped coriander leaves or parsley
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the leeks, chillies, coriander, curry and peppers. Sauté briefly until aromatic, then add rest of ingredients, except seasoning and herbs.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until veggies are cooked and sauce has reduced and thickened nicely. If you want a really thick sauce, increase the heat, remove the lid and cook rapidly until the sauce has reduced and thickened to your liking.
- Season, stir in the herbs and serve with brown rice and sambals.
You may also like these delicious recipes