Avo & Ham Salad with Raisin Vinaigrette
Serves 4 - 6
- 125 ml SAFARI Seedless Raisins
- 15 ml wholegrain mustard
- 30 ml red wine vinegar
- 90 ml olive oil
- 15 ml brown sugar
- salt and freshly-milled black pepper
- 1 x pillow bag of your favourite salad leaves
- 2 large, ripe avocados, cut into medium sliced
- lemon juice
- 250 ml mung bean sprouts
- 150 g best-quality gypsy ham, sliced into thin strips
- 6 whole spring onions, sliced into julienne strips
- 65 ml coarsely-chopped mint leaves to garnish: whole mint sprigs
- Make the raisin vinaigrette first.
- In a medium screw-top jar place the mustard, vinegar, oil and sugar and then screw the top on.
- Shake the jar until the mixture is thick and emulsified.
- Remove the top of the jar, season the vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper, then add the raisins.
- Screw the top on again, shake a few times and then set aside for an hour or until the raisins are plump and juicy.
- Now line a platter or individual salad dishes or bowls with the salad leaves.
- Sprinkle the avocado slices with lemon juice, arrange on top of the salad leaves and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the bean sprouts and ham on top of the salad, tuck in the spring onions strips and sprinkle with the chopped mint.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette, garnish with whole mint sprigs and serve.
You may also like these delicious recipes