Serves 6 - 8
- 125 g butter or margarine, softened
- 100 g SAFARI Seedless Raisins
- 100 g SAFARI Cranberries and about
- 5 ml (1 tsp) MOIR'S Vanilla Essence
- 500 ml (2 cups) SASKO Self-raising Flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) castor sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 ml (pinch) salt
- 200 ml (cup) milk
- 100 ml sweet sherry
- 625 ml (2 cups) store-bought custard
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh cream, whipped
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until light and creamy. Add essence.
- Sift flour and salt together. Add, alternately with milk, to egg mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a lined and greased 22.5 cm loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 50 - 60 minutes.
- Leave in pan for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut cake into smaller pieces and use half of cake pieces to make first layer in eight glass or serving bowls. Soak fruit in sherry for a few minutes and sprinkle with sherry over cake layer, top with custard. For second layer, repeat with remaining cake, fruit and custard. Garnish with whipped cream, cranberries and nuts.
You may also like these delicious recipes