- 100 g SAFARI Almonds, toasted lightly
- 100 g SAFARI Fruit & Nut mix
- 100 g SAFARI Cranberries
- 125 ml (cup) SASKO Cake Flour
- 60 ml (cup) cocoa powder
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) honey
- 125 ml (cup) light brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) butter or margarine
- icing sugar for dusting
- Combine nuts, fruit mix and cranberries.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together. Add to fruit and nut mixture and mix well.
- Combine honey, sugar and butter in a small, heavy-based saucepan and heat until sugar has dissolved and butter is melted.
- Add melted ingredients to fruit and nut mixture and mix well. Press mixture into a lined and greased 20 cm round cake pan.
Bake in a preheated oven at 160 °C for about 25 minutes. Leave in pan for a few hours to cool completely and set well. Dust with sifted icing sugar before serving and cut into wedges.
Wrap in paper for a great homemade Christmas gift.
You may also like these delicious recipes