3 Ingredient Fruit cake
- 1kg SAFARI Mixed Dried Fruit
- 2 cups SASKO self-raising flour
- 2 cups (600ml) milk
- Place dried fruit in a bowl, cover with milk and leave to soak overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, preheat oven to 160°C and line a medium (23cm diameter) springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Stir flour into fruit mixture until evenly combined and smooth into prepared tin. Bake until it is risen, set and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (check after about 1 hour 15 minutes and return to oven for a little longer if needed).
- Remove from oven and, while still hot, pour over 1 cup of orange juice.
If you prefer a boozier option, pour over 200ml of brandy. Cool in the tin before turning out. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, it will keep for 3-4 weeks.
You may also like these delicious recipes