Chocolate Milk Tart
- 200 g SASKO Cake Flour
- 125 g butter
- 65 g icing sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 ml table salt
- 65 g SAFARI Pecan Nuts, coarsely broken
- 45 g SASKO cake flour
- 65 g sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 45 g cocoa powder
- 45 g corn flour
- 315 ml full cream milk
- Mix the butter and icing sugar in a bowl. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Add the flour and salt and mix until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a cool surface sprayed with non-stick spray and roll out thinly.
- Line a tart pan, sprayed with non-stick spray, with the dough and trim and crimp the edges.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes then bake in an oven, preheated to 160 ºC for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the sugar and eggs in a clean bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the cake flour, cocoa powder and corn flour, whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and slowly add the hot milk to the egg mixture, whisking continuously.
- Pour the milk mixture back into the saucepan, return to the heat and stir until cooked and thickened.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the pecan nuts and pour the mixture into the baked crust. Place in the fridge to set.
- Once cooled, decorate with chocolate shavings and serve.
You may also like these delicious recipes