Butternut & Pecan Nut Cupcakes
- 60 ml chopped SAFARI Pecan Nuts
- 375 ml SASKO cake flour
- 15 ml MOIR'S baking powder
- 5 ml MOIR'S Vanilla Essence
- a drop of MOIR'S food colouring
- 2.5 ml salt
- 250 ml finely grated butternut
- 250 ml milk
- 90 ml sunflower oil
- 250 ml sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 140 g butter
- 140 g icing sugar
- 100 g white chocolate*, melted
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add butternut and nuts and mix to coat with flour.
- Heat milk and oil. Cool slightly.
- Beat sugar, eggs and essence together until creamy and light. Add flour mixture and milk and oil mixture. Mix and spoon into cupcake cases placed in a muffin tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180° C for 15 – 20 minutes. Cool.
- Icing: Beat together butter and icing sugar. Add the chocolate and essence. Colour with MOIR’S food colouring of your choice. Decorate with Moir’s red or green glacé cherries, SAFARI Almonds or pecan nuts, silver balls and hundreds and thousands.
You may also like these delicious recipes