Date & Nut Fingers
- 250 g SAFARI Pitted Dates, chopped
- 50 g SAFARI Pecan Nuts, chopped
- 60 ml sugar
125 ml cold water
- 625 ml SASKO Cake Flour
- 625 ml BOKOMO Oats
- 5 ml MOIR'S Bicarbonate of Soda
- 250 ml butter
- 125 ml sugar
- 2.5 ml salt
- 125 ml warm water
- Boil the ingredients for the filling together for approximately 3 – 5 minutes or until they becomes like a paste. Leave to cool.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the flour, salt and oats. Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the water and add. Knead until well combined. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to a thickness of 6 mm and cut into 2 equal sized parts.
- Spread the filling on the one half and place the other half on top. Cut into fingers 1.5 by 6 cm and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for 10 - 15 minutes
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Makes 30 fingers
You may also like these delicious recipes