Nut and Camembert Stack
- SAFARI Dried Cranberries
- SAFARI Pecan Nuts, chopped
- 4 preserved green figs, sliced
- 2 rounds (125 g each) Camembert cheese
- 150 to 200 ml Rooibos Syrup
- 2 litres (8 x 250 ml) water
- 5 Rooibos tea bags
- 50 ml honey
- 280 g (350 ml) white sugar
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 10 ml vanilla essence
- Combine all the ingredients, except the vanilla essence, in a large saucepan. Stir over low heat until all the sugar has dissolved. Boil over moderate heat for 45 to 50 minutes until reduced and syrupy.
- Remove the tea bags. Add the vanilla essence.
- Allow the syrup to cool before using.
Makes about 300 to 350 ml
- Cut the two Camembert rounds in half across the middle, creating four rounds.
- Divide the figs, cranberries and pecan nuts in 4 and scoop it onto the cheese rounds. Drizzle the Rooibos syrup between each cheese layer. Stack the rounds on top of one another.
- Decorate the top with extra fruit and nuts.
- Pour the left-over Rooibos syrup over the Camembert stack and serve with savoury biscuits.
You may also like these delicious recipes