Spicy Vegetable Bake
Serves 6 - 8
- 250 ml SAFARI Golden Sultanas
- 65 ml WELLINGTONS fruit chutney
- 45 ml sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 500 g vegetables of your choice, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cm ginger root, finely grated
- 200 g soy mince, curry flavour
- 500 ml boiling water
- 200 ml prepared vegetable stock
- 5 jumbo eggs
- 300 g potatoes, peeled & sliced thinly
- 410 g can of coconut milk
- 125 ml coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil and sauté onion until translucent.
- Add the vegetables and toss until glossy.
- Add the garlic, ginger, soy and sultanas and stir briefly.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the soy mince is cooked.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool a little.
- Whisk together the stock and 2 of the eggs and stir into vegetable mixture.
- Place the potato slices into a deep, greased dish and spoon vegetable mixture on top.
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients (including the remaining 3 eggs) and pour over mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200ºC for 45 minutes or until set.
- Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
You may also like these delicious recipes