Serves 12 - 16
- 150 g SAFARI Seedless Raisins, soaked for 3 hours in 125 ml boiled water
- 100 g SAFARI Pecan Nuts
- 8 sheets TODAY'S phyllo pastry, cut in half
- 50 g + 40 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 150 g(187 ml) sugar
- 50 g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
To serve Icing sugar
- Place the soaked raisins, nuts, 50g butter, eggs and sugar into the bowl of a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Transfer the raisins mixture into a bowl and stir in the chocolate.
- Melt the remaining 40 g butter.
- Place a phyllo half on a flat surface and brush with butter.
- Spoon some of the mixture along the length of the buttered half , fold in the ends and roll up into a cigar shape.
- Repeat with the remaining phyllo sheets.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Arrange the phyllo cigars on baking sheet and bake for 12- 15 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
You may also like these delicious recipes