Fruit Mince Pies
- 250 ml SAFARI Fruit Mincemeat
- 500 g TODAY'S Short Crust Pastry
- beaten egg and milk for glazing
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until about 3 mm thick. Cut out rounds using a scone cutter about 7 cm in diameter.
- Place in the greased bases of a muffin pan. Spoon about 15 ml fruit mince in the centre and top with flower or star shapes cut out of the remaining dough with cookie cutters. Brush with egg and milk mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200º C for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving. Serve with whipped cream or Moir’s custard.
Chefs Tip: For pinwheel variation, roll the pastry out on a floured surface to 3 mm thick. Cut into a rectangular shape about 32 x 23 cm. Spread the fruit mincemeat over the pastry, leaving 1 cm free around the edges. Dampen the edges with water. Roll up tightly from the wide side to shape into a roll. Cut into about 1.2 cm thick slices. Place the wheels on greased baking trays and bake in a preheated oven at 200º C for about 15 minutes.