Fruit Phyllo Tartlets
- 200 g SAFARI Mixed Dried Fruit (apricots, pears, prunes, sultanas), coarsely chopped
- 100 g SAFARI Pitted Dates, coarsely chopped
- 2 TODAY'S phyllo pastry sheets
- 50 g butter
- 60 ml orange juice
- 5 ml grated orange rind
- 45 ml light brown sugar
- 1 ml ground cinnamon
- 15 ml icing sugar for dusting
- 125 ml fresh cream, whipped (optional)
- Melt the butter. Unroll the sheets of pastry and put under a damp cloth. Cut pastry sheets into three pieces and each into three again. Grease six cups of a muffin pan well. Brush each individual square of pastry and press three squares into each muffin pan, overlapping layers to make it uneven.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for about 3 minutes until starting to brown. Reduce heat to 180° C.
- Place the dried fruit, dates, orange juice, rind, sugar and cinnamon in a heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil, simmer for a few minutes and spoon into baked pastry cases. Return to the oven for about 5 minutes until pastry is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from pans carefully and place on serving dish. Dust with icing sugar and garnish with whipped cream if preferred.
You may also like these delicious recipes