Brandy Tart Cupcakes
For the sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) MOIR'S Vanilla Essence
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 315 ml light brown sugar
- 180 ml brandy
For the cupcakes
- 250 g SAFARI Pitted Dates, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) SASKO cake flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) chopped SAFARI Pecan Nuts
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 250 ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 125 g butter
- 250 ml light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 65 ml brandy
For the garnish
- 150 ml cream
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) castor sugar
- extra pecan nuts and dates
- First make the sauce: Heat the butter, sugar, water and half the brandy and bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add rest of the brandy and vanilla. Keep aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 ºC.
- To prepare the cupcakes: Place the dates in a glass bowl, add baking soda, the cover with boiling water and brandy. Leave to soften and cool.
- Cream the butter and sugar and then add the eggs little by little.
- Add the date mixture to the butter, sugar and egg mix. Beat until mixed through.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together, then add the nuts to the flour.
- Finally add the flour and nuts to the date mix.
- Fill the cupcake forms about 3/4 of the way. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Add 10 ml (2 tsp) of the sauce on top of each cupcake. Set aside to cool.
- Whip the cream until stiff and add the castor sugar.
- Decorate the cakes with cream, topped by a pecan nut and a date.
You may also like these delicious recipes