Serves 6 large or 12 Medium
- 1 cup (250 ml) SAFARI Cake Mix
- 2 cups (500 ml) SASKO Self-raising Flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) MOIR'S Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (3ml) salt
- 1 x-large egg
- 1/3 (85 ml) cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) milk
- 1/3 (85 ml) cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) SAFARI Almonds, chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) SASKO Cake Flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) finely grated orange rind
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) cold butter
- Preheat oven to 180*C
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cake mix and salt.
- In a separate bowl or jug, whisk together egg, orange juice, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Line a 6 or 12 whole muffin tray with muffin cups.
- Distribute batter evenly between papers.
- Scatter the crumble over the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
For the crumble 1. Combine the sugar, almonds, orange rind and flour. 2. Rub in the butter till the mixture resembles bread crumbs. 3. Scatter over the muffins before you bake them.
You may also like these delicious recipes