Lamb Loin Roll
- 1 cup SAFARI Mixed Dried Fruit
- 1 lamb loin roll deboned and butterflied approx. 1,5kg
- 1 cup port
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 star aniseed
- 1 vanilla pod
- A sprig of fresh thyme & parsley
- Chop the mixed fruit into small pieces.
- In a small saucepan add the mixed fruit, port and spices and cook until soft. Let it cool off.
- Spice the loin with salt & pepper and spoon the cooled fruit mixture over the loin, taking care not too overstuff it.
- Roll the loin lengthways and using butchers rope tie up the roll.
- Seal the loin a hot pan with a little oil and then transfer to an oven proof dish and bake for 2 hours at 160 degrees uncovered.
You may also like these delicious recipes