Banana & Fruit Muffins
- 40 g SAFARI pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- 125 ml (75 g) SAFARI Raisin & Cranberry mix
- 500 ml (280 g) SASKO cake flour
- 10 ml MOIR'S baking powder
- 3 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 2 ml salt
- 125 ml (100 g) light brown sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 45 ml milk
- 125 ml cooking oil
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 250 ml (1 cup) ripe mashed bananas (about 3 medium)
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together. Add brown sugar, nuts and fruit mix.
- Whisk eggs, milk, oil and essence together. Add to dry ingredients with mashed bananas. Mix lightly with a spoon until just combined. Don’t over-mix; mixture should still be lumpy.
- Grease hollows of a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Spoon mixture into pan, filling each two-thirds full.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and done. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
You may also like these delicious recipes