Brown rice with Peach Terrine
- 250 g SAFARI Sundried Peaches
- 250 ml cooked SPEKKO brown rice
- 100 ml sugar
- 2 cloves
- 2 ml cinnamon
- 5 ml salt
- 5 ml curry powder
- 250 ml water
- 10 - 15 ml white vinegar
- 750 ml cream cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- 250 ml cooked bacon - chopped
- 250 ml roughly chopped cucumber - drained
- 125 ml finely chopped parsley
- fresh micro herbs
- Place peaches, water, sugar and spices in s mall pot and bring to the boil.
- Cook until the peaches are soft and double in size.
- Remove the cloves and process the peaches in your food processor to to a chunky chutney. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Allow the chutney to cool.
- Line a small bread tin with cling film.
- Place chopped parsley in bottom of the pan, make sure it makes an even layer, because this will be the top of your terrine.
- Soften the cream cheese a little with a spoon or spatula and add the lemon zest.
- Spoon a third of the cream cheese mix over the parsley.
- Spoon a thin layer of the chilled peach chutney over the cream cheese.
- Mix the rice and bacon and spoon onto the chutney and make an even layer.
- Top the rice mixture with another third of the cream cheese.
- Top the cream cheese with the chopped cucumber.
- Finish of the layers with the last third of the cream cheese. Fold the cling wrap over to close the terrine.
You may also like these delicious recipes