- 100 ml SAFARI Raisins or Sultanas
- 1 large onion - peeled
- 1 red pepper - pips removed
- 1 green pepper - pips removed
- 1 yellow pepper - pips removed
- 2 - 3 large carrots - peeled
- 1 thumb size piece ginger - peeled
- 1 red chili
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ml sugar - optional
- 30 ml olive oil
- 30 - 40 ml curry powder
- Place all the ingredients, except the raisins in a food processor and blitz until it has a coarse texture.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and add the chopped vegetables to the pot.
- Add all the other ingredients and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Keep stirring and keep the temperature high so that it does not become watery.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- When the carrots are cooked, but still have a bite to them, remove from the heat.
- Serve on roosterkoek, Boerewors Rolls, hamburgers or serve with your next braai as a delicious relish!
You may also like these delicious recipes