Prune Marinated Chicken Kebabs
- 125 g SAFARI Dried Apricots
- 4 chicken fillets
- 250 ml SAFARI Prune Juice
- 125 ml light or dark soy sauce
- 80 ml olive oil
- 30 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 ml chopped fresh ginger root
- 200 ml tomato sauce
- 250 ml white sugar
- 2 fresh chillies, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
2 large spring onions, chopped
about 6 wooden sticks or bamboo skewers
- Chicken: cut chicken into cubes or strips and set aside in a container.
- Marinade: Combine all the ingredients, except the spring onions. Whisk a few minutes to make a smooth texture. Lastly add the spring onion.
- Add marinade to the chicken and marinate for about 2 – 4 hours in the fridge. Remove chicken from marinade and skewer alternatively with the apricots on wooden sticks. Grill over medium hot coals for about 10 minutes per side, or until done.
Chefs Hint: Substitute the chicken with pork, beef, venison or turkey. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before using and grilling to prevent to much burn on the skewers.